Welcome to Arlington, home of Arli-Dazzle (probably the largest Christmas lighted holiday parade in the State of Minnesota), Breakfast on the Farm, Fright Night on Halloween, and Chamber Night at the Ballpark.
Arlington, founded in 1858, has evolved into a great place to visit for family fun, friendly people, and so much more.
From its early German beginnings, Arlington residents have been known for their generosity and friendly hometown attitudes. We invite you to discover the businesses, attractions, organizations, and most importantly the people who make Arlington a special place to live.
We invite you, in particular, to check out the many various Chamber business webpages on the third page (go to third tab above) of this website. Click on any business name listed in blue print.
What's Happening in Arlington?
- MarchMinutes.pdf (approved 4/14/14)
- FebMinutes.pdf (corrected and approved 3/10/14)
- A special meeting to discuss the future of Arli-Dazzle and its related activities will be held on Wednesday, May 7, at 6:00pm at the Emergency Services building. This is re-scheduled from April 16. Chamber members and the general public are welcome and invited to attend.
- The 2014 Breakfast on the Farm will be held at the Sibley County Fairgrounds outdoor shelter (beer garden) by the white Octagon on Friday morning, June 13. The 2014 Chamber Night at the Ballpark will tentatively be held on Sunday, June 15, at 6:00pm at the Arlington Baseball Park. The Arlington A's will play the Henderson Tigers. Prizes will be awarded to adult attendees every half inning except the first. Please watch for more information about both of these events happening the same weekend!
- JanMinutes_Jan 13, 2014.pdf (approved 2/10/14)
- Thrivent Financial has re-joined the Chamber after a year's absence. Thrivent recently dropped "for Lutherans" from its name. Now its financial products and services are available to all Christians. Thrivent's updated logo features a red heart with a cross in it, and its new tagline is, Connecting faith and finances for good." In downtown Arlington, this business is located at 218 W. Main St. and is usually open on Tuesday and Thursdays (other times by appointment). The Chamber is glad to have Thrivent Financial back as a member!
- E-Z Rest Motel (Hwy. 5 and 2nd Ave. NW) has been in operation for the past few months. The Chamber welcomes it as a new member! It is under the ownership of Bruce Gruetzmacher, and Guy Borchardt serves as local manager. The facility features fixed-up rooms, new beds and linens, smart TV's, WiFi, fridges and microwaves. Beds and pillows are bedbug-proof, says Guy. Instructions to obtain a room are posted on the outside Office door if no one is available at the front desk.
- The Sibley County DAC has purchased the TSE manufacturing plant building located on the 200 block of Shamrock Drive in Arlington. DAC Director Mark Pauly indicated that this newly acquired space will offer more opportunities to the people being served. The goal is to completely retrofit the building and move in by this spring.
- Three issues recently in the local news have new developments: 1. At the March 17 City Council meeting, Mayor Jim Kreft vetoed a resolution (which passed 3-2) for the City to re-join the Renville-Sibley County Fiber Cooperative Joint Powers Board. An attempt to override this veto failed at its April 7 meeting. 2. The Sibley East School District is currently advertising for a Community Education and Recreation Coordinator position which will be shared with the three district communities. The Sibley East website has information about, and the application for, this position. 3. Political and financial issues probably will hamper Trailblazer Transit from taking over the Wright County transit system by July 1. The three counties involved will try to work out an agreement to take effect on January 1, 2015.
- For the next General Membership Meeting on Monday, May 12, at noon, the Chamber will meet at the Arlington Emergency Services building. Agendas will be e-mailed or sent via U.S. mail.
- The 2014 Chamber Recognition Dinner takes place on Tuesday, April 29, at the Arlington Haus Too. A social hour begins at 5:00pm, dinner will be served at 6:00pm, and award and door prize presentations conclude the evening at 6:45pm. Members are welcome to attend with a significant other. An e-mail invitation was recently sent out by Chamber President Todd Sandberg. Members need to hurry to get their reservations in! Contact Todd Sandberg to RSVP 507-964-8425. Deadline is Tuesday, April 22.
- As yet unrenewed members from 2013 have a couple more weeks to get annual dues sent in, or given to, the Chamber President. If not renewed for 2014 by then, expect a telephone call from the Chamber. Any still unrenewed members will be removed from the roster before the May 12 meeting.
The mailing address for the Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce never changes. It is:
Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce
P. O. Box 543
Arlington, MN 55307