Welcome to Arlington, home of Arli-Dazzle: Probably THE LARGEST lighted Christmas parade in Minnesota, Breakfast on the Farm, Fright Night on Halloween, and Chamber Night at the Ballpark.
Arlington, founded in 1858, has evolved into a great place to visit for family fun, friendly people, and so much more.
From its early German beginnings, Arlington residents have been known for their generosity and friendly hometown attitudes. We invite you to discover the businesses, attractions, organizations, and most importantly the people who make Arlington a special place to live.
We invite you, in particular, to check out the many various Chamber business webpages on the Members page (see above) of this website. Click on any business name listed in blue print.
What's Happening in Arlington?
- ThinkOfArlington21.pdf Small Business Saturday is coming to Arlington on November 29! Shop local and support the area's small businesses! Click on the link in front for more information. Check out upcoming issues of the Arlington Enterprise and listen to KNUJ-AM.
- Meeting Minutes available here.
- A final Arli-Dazzle Planning Committee meeting will be held on Monday, December 1, at 5:30pm at the Arlington Public Library. There is no set agenda. Please let Kim know if one is attending by noon that day.
- The Living Nativity will be held at the Sibley County Fairgrounds on Saturday, December 13, from 5:30-7:30pm. Please note that this event will not be held on the same weekend as Arli-Dazzle in 2014.
- The Sibley County Developmental Achievement Center (DAC) is celebrating its 45th Anniversary with its new facility at 203 W. Shamrock Dr. in Arlington (former TSE plant) now up and running. The Chamber congratulates DAC Director Mark Pauly, his Board and staff!
- The Chamber welcomes new Snap Fitness owner Jered Hokenson! We send a "thank you and best wishes" to former owners Laura and Matt Pioske and Keith Anderson. The Arlington Chamber is very pleased to have Snap Fitness as a member.
- Four issues have recently been in the local news: 1. Both the Cities of Arlington and Henderson, and Green Isle, Jessenland, Dryden, and Cornish Townships, are those Sibley County entities who have voted not to re-join the Renville-Sibley County Joint Powers Fiber Cooperative Board. All of the other cities and townships in the county have voted to re-join. Meanwhile, an alternate group, "Sibley Broadband Working Group," is working alongside the above group. 2. The Sibley East building bond referendum passed by 96 votes on Nov. 4. Thirty or so opponents of the referendum have now filed a lawsuit in Sibley County District Court. Construction of a new Pre-K - Gr. 5 elementary school in Gaylord (site swap with the City of Gaylord) and the renovation of the existing school site in Arlington into a Gr. 6 - high school facility was the focus of the referendum. The 1936 elementary school section would be torn down, and there would be new construction on the north and south ends of the present high school section. Cost: $43 mil. 3. Trailblazer bus service to almost ALL towns in Wright County slowly began on July 1. All rides to that county will originate out of Glencoe. For more information, call Trailblazer 1-320-864-1000. 4. Of course, the recent news of the Spring 2015 closure of Seneca Foods in Arlington is on many minds. There remain a lot of unanswered questions.
- For the next General Membership Meeting on Monday, December 1 or 8 (stay tuned), noon, the Chamber will meet at the Arlington Emergency Services building. Agendas will be sent out to members. If any member did not receive one by the Friday previous to the meeting date, please contact either Todd Sandberg or Tiffany Brockhoff.
- The mailing address for the Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce never changes. It is:
Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce
P. O. Box 543
Arlington, MN 55307