December 3rd, 2016
9:00 am Breakfast with Santa @ Arlington Community Center (reservations needed & a fee charged)
10:00 am Santa Day at the same location
1:00 pm Pre-Parade Festivities start on Main St. and 2nd Ave. NW
5:30 pm Arli-Dazzle Parade on Main St.
- Arli-Dazzle-Sm-clr-2015-fix.compressed.pdf A complete run-down of the event; parade features over 100 lighted walking, marching, equestrian, and vehicular units
- Santa_Day.jpg at the Arlington Community Center with many activities for children and families
- 2015_Dash_Through_the_Snow_5K_Map.pdf through the streets of Arlington at 12:30 pm. To register to run or walk in the race, download dash_through_the_snow.pdf
- AFD_form_2015_1.pdf Fish Camp Flyer with Registration Form - many lighted fish houses and an evening bonfire with s'mores; see also AFD_2015_1.pdf
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides through the streets of Arlington prior to the parade
- Old-time Snowball Baseball Game featuring the Arlington Greys vs. the Mankato Baltics
- Santa's Reindeer appear on Main St. prior to the parade
- Bethlehem Express at St. Paul Lutheran Church from 12:00 - 3:30 pm
- Interactive Sled Dogs from Hastings, MN, on Main St. prior to the parade
- Hutchinson, MN's, own Amazing Hoopsters perform on Main St. prior to, and in, the parade
- Quilt Show at the Arlington Public Library on Main St. from 9:00 am - 7:00 pm.
- Lots of music on Main St.: Schell's Hobo Christmas Quartet, Sibley East Carolers, KNUJ-AM
- Many food vendors selling yummy treats along the entire parade route and throughout downtown
- New in 2015: Arli-Dazzle_-_A_View_from_Santas_Sleigh-SD.mp4 The "Dash Through the Snow" 5K, the parade, and the fireworks are recorded by a drone moving back and forth over Main St. - all is set to music!!! Enjoy!!! Very special thanks to James Kantor of Clearwater, MN, for producing this video!! Be sure to expand the picture to full-size, and turn up the sound!
- The parade changes directions and goes from west to east from Hwy. 5 through downtown and the adjacent east-side area to County Rd. 17; Area Veterans Red, White, and Blue recognition; vintage snowmobile display returns after an absence; a new Arli-Dazzle Raffle and Button promotion; a fabulous fireworks display at the beginning (just a little!) and at the end of the parade!!!
How to register a parade unit:
How to register for the Dash Through the Snow 5K:
- Register online here. (or)
- Download the registration form here.
2016 Arli-Dazzle Planning Committee Members
Interim Co-Chairs: Derek Hahn, Chamber President, and Leah Prahl, Chamber Vice-President
Lyle Rud, Mike Stumm, Kathy Homme, Susan Schmidtbauer, Terry Klages, Don Burgess, Cory & Missy Danner, Marie Kreft, Carol Mayer, Kevin Lindstrand, Jim Heiland, Mike and Amanda Feterl, Todd Sandberg, Tony Voigt, Bob Suko, Jim Kreft, Dennis Van Moorlehem, Jackie Hazelwood, John Zaske, Justin Davis, Keith Herd, Kurt Menk, Lorie Weckworth, Scott Sorenson, Tim Kloeckl, Vicki Pomplun, Janet Deno, Mary Keen, and Annie Shotliff.
Like us on Facebook@Arli-Dazzle Arli-Dazzle has been nominated for an award!! Check it out!
Arli-Dazzle_2015_Advertisement_2.m4v (Click to view Mike Feterl's 90 sec. promo.)
2015 Photo Gallery